Sunday, June 8, 2014

Demigods exclusive interview with Top Fitness Model James Ellis

James Ellis

Demigods Contributor Lucky Jade returns on the blog with an amazing interview with Top American Fitness Model James Ellis! Let's welcome her once again and take a look at what happened...

I guess many people would say that our featured Demigod is just an all-blonde American stud but don't be fooled because as the famous saying goes, "There is more than meets the eye". He doesn't just have a big, jaw-dropping, Greek God-like body, but also has a big heart and big FAITH! This former geek turned Muscle beast and cover model of the biggest fitness magazines worldwide was a dean's lister and graduated with a 3.5 from Indiana state.

black

I've been his FB friend and twitter follower since 2009. I used to tweet him a lot and he was very interactive. I used to call him "Ken" 'coz he totally got the look of Barbie's boyfriend, LOL. What I like about this guy is that he really inspires people. He's not just your ordinary gym rat but he could be your walking bible too so if you're looking for a Fitness mentor and a spiritual guru, he's the MAN! As a fan, I really feel honored and LUCKY that he was able to grant us an interview. Being one of the most in demand fitness personalities in the US, he sure has a very tight schedule, and if you're a fan of The Ellen Show, you'll find his face familiar being one of the regular hunks whenever Ellen has a treat for her female audience. So Demifriends, I bring you, Magnum Nutraceuticals sponsored athlete, Actor, Fitness Model, and WBFF (World Beauty, Fitness, and Fashion) 2011 Champion, James Ellis!

fash     Real Name: James W. Ellis III
     Age: 31
     Birthdate: July 23, 1980 
     Birthplace and Hometown: Indiana, USA 
     Height: 5"11
     Weight: 185 lbs
     Hair color: Blonde
     Eyes: Hazel
     Skin color: Tan

Fun facts: 
- He's from Indiana but currently lives in North Hollywood, California.
- Been working out and doing a great job with his body for 13 years.
- Has 40 Fitness Magazine Covers!
- He's an incredible breakdancer!
- He's the youngest among 4 siblings and the only boy in the family.
- He has a Teddy Bear named "Spunky" whom he got when he was very little and plans to pass it on to his James Ellis IV in the future.
- Has a cat named tucker (though he's a dog person ), so this toughie also has a soft side just like anyone of us =)

Please tell us how do you start and end your day?
As soon as I open my eyes in the morning I like to spend some time in prayer to just thank the Lord for another day and to pray for what is to come in the day. If I have the time I like to read a bit in the Bible as well. Then, it’s shower up and go grab my Starbucks coffee, haha.  I ALWAYS end my day by spending some time in prayer and reading in my Bible.

for question 1

If you're not a fitness model today, what do you think your career would be?
If I was not a fitness model today then I would more than likely be an Elementary School Physical Education teacher as that is the degree I received when I graduated from college back in 2005.

necktie

If I'm not mistaken, you're one of the hunky warriors in a movie, 300: Rise of an Empire.  Tell us about your role and How does it feel to be a part of an epic film?
Yes, I was one of the Spartan warriors in that movie. We filmed some pick up shots here in Los Angeles for a couple of weeks and it was a blast. I can be seen in the opening scene on the ship when the lead actress is talking. I was supposed to have another nice feature part as well, but they ended up switching up that other scene a bit and that ultimately ended up cutting me out of it.  :(

question 3

How is it being one the regular hunks in The Ellen Degeneres Show and who was your favorite guest so far?
Yes, I’ve been on The Ellen Show well over 30 times and it is always an absolute blast. For those that don’t know, she typically calls me and a few other fellas when she needs shirtless guys on the show. We do funny skits like ‘Blind Folded Musical Chairs’ where the women will be blind folded and have to find us and sit on our laps. I’ve also done other fun skits on her show with her guests, such as, Gwyneth Paltrow, Miley Cyrus, Nicole Richie, NeNe Leakes, Bethenny Frankel, etc. My favorite guest was definitely Gwyneth Paltrow as she was so sweet and humble. Ellen is such an amazing person too and it is so much fun to work with her on her show.

for question 4.1.2

We all know that nobody in this world is perfect. So, what are the things that you still want to improve about yourself and something (s) you wish you're good at? (A talent for example) 
What I’d like to improve: Well, I always want to continually improve my relationship with Jesus Christ and that is something that I work on every day by spending time in the Bible and in prayer with Him. 
What I wish I was good at: I spent some time back in college trying to learn how to play the guitar and I just didn’t have enough time to invest into learning how to play it well. I really wish I was good at the guitar though. I also wish I was better at surfing as I spent some time surfing when I moved out to California and was doing pretty well, but now I just lack that extra time to invest into getting better at it.  

Which among your magazine covers is your favorite?
I would say my ‘Olympians News’ magazine cover where I have my hands up in the air and I’m looking up. Mainly because, it’s just such a unique/powerful pose and a very different look for a magazine cover. 

for question 6 olympians news magazine 2010

What do you think is your best physical feature?
The fitness model side of me would have to say my abs/oblique’s are my best physical feature as I work so hard on them and they are a big reason that I am able to get magazine covers and succeed in this fitness modeling business. But, I know that a lot of others would say my hair is my best physical feature.  :)
- I remember how impressed Ellen was looking at his abs! Physique wise, for me it's the chest but other than those, I think he's got a nice set of teeth!


for question 7

I know you're a very spiritual guy and I've seen some daring photos of yours in the past. Has there been some issues with your religious practices to what you do as a model since your job requires you to expose some flesh?
My relationship with my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, means the world to me and I seek Him in every decision I've ever make.  The closer I grow to Him the more he reveals His plans & purpose for my life and also the more He sort of reveals to me what I should and can't do. Way back in 2007 I did a few underwear shoots, but the Lord revealed to me that He would rather me not do that as that can take someone's mind to a lusting point as most people think sexual when they see someone in underwear. So, since then I choose to no longer shoot underwear or even speedos.  The Lord has made it very clear that my ministry for Him is the fitness modelling business and that it is okay for me to do shirtless modeling in shorts as that is even the way people are dressed on a typical beach. As long as I keep my eyes focused on the Lord and my ears open to hearing His instruction for me than I won’t have any issues with what I do as a fitness model. The key is to focus on, listen to, & follow the Lord & His instructions.

You're one of the busiest and Top Fitness models in the industry today. What were the things that you miss doing back when you were just starting to build your dreams?
I miss having more time to goof around to be honest. I used to have more time to hang with my friends and do more of the hobbies I enjoy. It was nice when I had time to learn to play the guitar, practice surfing, ski, rock climb, hike, play beach volleyball, watch a movie, and so much more. Now that free time is much more limited and so much more valuable to me, so I soak it up when I get it.  : )  

for question 9 goofing

But, honestly it is a true blessing what the Lord has done with my career and I am so grateful each day for all He has done and wouldn’t change a thing even if I could as His plan is perfect. 
As an actor, what are your dream roles and who would you like to work with?
I would love to act in an ‘Expendables’ type movie as those are the kind of roles would really enjoy. Roles like Sylvester Stallone in ‘Rocky’ & ‘Rambo’ would be fun. I’d love to work with Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Dwayne Johnson, & Vin Diesel.  I would also love to act in some inspirational football type movies as I love football. Any Christian films would be an honor to be a part of as well.
* I suggested he should cosplay Son Goku from Dragon Ball Z if there's a chance in ComicCon. If there's going to be a remake of Street Fighter The Movie, I think he'll pull of the role of Guille*


for qustion 10

It looks like you're having the time of your life and you're not in a rush to settle down, but are you currently seeing someone special? If none, what's your type of women and what are your pet peeves?
No, I am not currently seeing anyone as life has been a bit busy these days. The difficult thing is that I want to find a woman that is as sold out for Jesus Christ as I am, she’s super into fitness, and then on top of that she meets the physical & mental characteristics I am looking for too.  I really don't stress about this at all, but rather trust that the Lord will bring her to me in His perfect timing. The last thing I want to do is date and ultimately marry the wrong woman as I know that the good Lord has His perfect choice out there for me. Patience is the key.  : )
Pet Peeves – Smoking, Drinks too much, Foul Language, Disrespects Her Parents or Elders, Wearing clothing that is too revealing.
- OMG! He's into conservative women! Traits of a traditional Filipina! I think our Filipina Demifirends got a chance, LOL.



If you're a Super Hero, what name would pick for yourself?
RoboGenesis

run canyon

I've seen in one of your interviews that you were bullied way back in High school. What would you like to say to those kids who are in the same situation as you were before? 
The best thing I can say to them is to persevere through it all. Remember that you will look back on it someday and laugh. While you are successful in the future as an adult, they will likely be unsuccessful and miserable because things don’t work the same way in the real world. I never fought back, but rather used their bullying me as fuel to succeed all the more in everything that I did. It was premium fuel that helped me to work so much harder to be the best I could be in all areas of my life (Mentally, Spiritually, & Physically). 



What's your prayer?
I find that the most powerful prayer is a prayer that includes scripture.  So, I like to pray - “Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.” (Psalm 37:4 NIV) When I pray that prayer it means something different to me then it might mean to most.  To me it means that The Lord will place His desires for my life in my heart and thus they become my desires.  As a Christian he owns my heart and His Holy Spirit lives there. His perfect WILL for my life is what my heart desires, so why wouldn’t He place His WILL in my heart. That scripture and the interpretation that the Lord gave me of it became a huge part of my prayer of my prayer life.  

I also like to the Prayer of Jabez, which is, “Oh that you would bless me Indeed and Enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.” (1 Chronicles 4:10) This is a pretty amazing prayer, because Jabez left it entirely up to God to decide what the blessings would be and where, when, and how he would receive them. He’s asking the Lord to impart Supernatural Favor in whatever way that the Lord WILLS to do so. After all, the Lord knows what is best for us.  Then when he is praying for God to “Enlarge My Territory” he is asking the Lord to expand his territory of reach for Him. For us that might be by doing missions, or by having a larger following of people that you can reach. - For me, I believe that the Lord enlarges my territory of reach for Him through my website and Facebook. Through the fitness & TV work my following will grow too and that will give me more people to reach for Him too. After all, it’s all about sharing the love of Christ with others.  :)

James-Ellis-calendar-puppies-05

Follow James Ellis on his social media accounts:
www.JamesEllisFit.com
www.Facebook.com/JamesEllisFitness
www.Instagram.com/JamesEllisFit
www.Twitter.com/JamesEllis3

Thank you for your time, James!


Photo credits: James Ellis FB page

What do you think of James? Let us know in the comments!

Follow Demigods on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram



































































ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sharing is sexy!